RICK MOORE, CPM® MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Until his untimely passing in 2001, Rick Moore, CPM®
was a long-standing member and leader of Northern Virginia Chapter 77. Rick was generous with his friendship and enormously supportive of the Chapter and the industry. He had a special interest in the ARM®
members of the chapter and the professional development that leads to this certification. He mentored many property managers towards achieving the ARM®
certification. Rick will always be remembered for his warmth, good cheer and dedicated professionalism.
The Rick Moore, CPM®
Memorial Scholarship program celebrates the memory of a long standing member and chapter officer of Northern Virginia Chapter 77. The program assists worthy individuals attend IREM's courses, either through classroom offerings or through home study.
The administration of the program is performed by the Executive Council of Northern Virginia Chapter 77 which has complete authority to confer scholarships and all other decisions pertinent to course selection and other attendance matters. Applications are evaluated and scholarships awarded annually in the Fall.
Amount of Scholarship
The Rick Moore, CPM®
Memorial Scholarship awards:
- If pursuing the ARM® certification- A recipient may receive a scholarship of up to $500 to be used towards tuition and travel for any IREM course.
- If pursuing the CPM® designation- A recipient may receive a scholarship of up to $1,000 to be used towards tuition and travel for any IREM course.
To be eligible for this program, an applicant must:
- Be of legal age
- Be employed in some aspect of property management
- Hold some class of membership in Chapter 77
- Submit a completed application by applying for one of the five IREM Foundations scholarships
- Receive the endorsement of at least two active members of the Chapter
Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Commitment to real estate management as a career.
- In the spirit of Rick Moore, CPM®, commitment to community service, leadership and ethical business conduct.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who are pursuing or who hold the ARM®
Awards are made in a specific stipend amount. The scholarship may be used for course tuition and travel expenses for a specific IREM course or courses. Award recipients may receive only one scholarship in a calendar year.
The recipient is required to make a commitment to gaining the CPM® designation or ARM® certification.
The recipient must also make a commitment to continuing community service and leadership in the Chapter.